PiU nominated Paul Holmes for general secretary because Paul:
- Has the best record of leadership and fighting for members and has a track-record of winning disputes and elections, which other candidates can’t match;
- Is the members’ candidate, from the shop floor who will take the job on his current wage of £32,000, declining the £100,000 available;
- Will massively increase funding to branches so we can support you better;
- Will be inclusive, developing talents from across our whole union and involving retired members;
- Has an exciting program to develop the union
- Is popular across UNISON and can win!