Our equality program for quarter two has something for every equality activist in UNISON South West!
- Learning and networking sessions for Branch officers in equality roles; an opportunity to share ideas and best practice between branches and Self Organised Groups.
- A national course for LGBT+ Branch Officers and Contacts.
- Disabled Members General Meeting open to all UNISON South West Disabled Activists and Members.
Please check the description in each session to see who it is intended for and use the relevant link to register.
South West Disabled Members General Meeting – Saturday 17 April 2021 – 10 – 11 am
This quarter we focus on bringing Branch Disabled Members Officers, the South West Disabled Members Self Organised Group and Disabled Members together for this general meeting.
This will be the first virtual general meeting open to all South West Disabled Members since the beginning of the Coronavirus pandemic.
Who is this for: All Branch Disabled Members Officers and Disabled Members
Branch Black Members Officers and Black Members SOG – UNISON South West Strategy for Challenging Racism – Thursday 23 April 12:00 – 13:30
South West Equality and Education Team are developing a range of revised, enhanced and new education activities to address concerns raised by UNISON South West Black Members. These will cover the Race Equality Claims Protocol, support for Black Members being active within the union at all levels and ensure that all branches and activists in our region undertake Race Equality training and understand their role in promoting Race Equality in the union, their workplaces and wider society.
In this session we want to introduce this plan to Branch Black Members Officers and the regional Black Members Self Organised Group at an early stage to enable you to influence its development.
Who is this for: This session is for Branch Black Members Officers, Black Members Self Organised Group and Branch Officers in other roles who identify with the Black Members Group.
LGBT+ Branch Officers and Contacts Training – Thursday 29 April
This course is being run nationally and will cover:-
- LGBT+ community in UNISON
- Role of branch LGBT+ officers or contacts
- Transgender issues in focus
- LGBT+ campaigning and organising in your Branch
- Where to find support and resources
- Sharing success.
Who is this for: Branch LGBT+ Officers and Contacts
If you have any questions, or would like to register for a place, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can call us in confidence on 07961 089665 or 07983 636555.
Branch Women’s Officers – Understanding UNISON Structures – Thursday 6 May 2021 – 1.30 – 3pm
Throughout UNISON’s democratic structures there are opportunities for Women’s representation to ensure the priorities of Women are raised at all levels. But Women are still underrepresented, and Women’s seats, particularly Low Paid Women’s seats, remain vacant. Branch Women’s Officers have requested this session to develop a better understanding of UNISON’s structures to support more Women in these roles.
Who is this for: This session is for Branch Women’s Officers, but it is also open to other Women Branch Officers working towards recruiting Women to be more active within UNISON.
All Branch Equality Activists – Equality and Mental Health – Wednesday 19 May 2021 – 1.30 – 3pm
17 – 22 May is Mental Health awareness week. In this workshop we will cover:-
- The link between Equality and Mental Health
- How employers can support good mental health at work in a diverse workforce
- Share examples of good practice and guidance for bargaining from UNISON’s Self Organised Groups
- Sources of Mental Health support for UNISON members
Who is this for: This session open to all Branch Equality Coordinators, Self Organised Group Officers and Equality Representatives.