As we are predominantly key workers who have had to work through the pandemic PiU is confident that this modest claim will be met
The headlines are
• A substantial increase with a minimum of 10% on all spinal column points. Full details NJC Pay Claim 2021 – FINAL
• We are seeking a pay round which underpins and respects the collective bargaining arrangements in place.
• A separate conditions claim below
NJC CONDITIONS CLAIM 2021-2022
• Introduction of a homeworking allowance for all staff who are working from home.
• A national minimum agreement on homeworking policies for all councils
• A reduction of the working week to 35 hours with no loss of pay, and a reduction to 34 hours a week in London. Part-time staff to be given a choice of a pro rata reduction, or retaining the same hours and being paid a higher percentage of FTE
• A minimum of 25 days annual leave plus public holidays and statutory days for all starting employees plus an extra day holiday on all other holiday rates that depend on service.
• An agreement on a best practice national programme of mental health support for all local authorities and school staff.
• A joint review of job descriptions, routes for career developments and pay banding for school support staff, and completion of the outstanding work of the joint term-time only review group.
• A joint review of the provisions in the Green Book for maternity / paternity / shared parental /adoption leave.
Full details NJC Conditions Claim 2021 – FINAL